September 17th, 2018
The fall weather is almost upon us. This means that Thanksgiving and Christmas are fast approaching. Each year, St. Vincent de Paul participates in an annual Food Drive on behalf of the St. Vincent de Paul Society of St. Ambrose Parish.
Last year, with your assistance, they were able to make 307 house calls, helping 698 adults and 490 children. At Christmas, they delivered 80 baskets of food to needy families.
We are once again asking for your support with regard to this food drive. The Food Bank has advised that they are especially low on the following items:
- canned tuna, salmon, sardines
- canned meat (ham, turkey, chicken and luncheon meat)
- pasta (macaroni & cheese, spaghetti and sidekicks)
- pasta sauce
- cans of beans in sauce
- jam, honey and peanut butter
- pancake mix & pancake syrup
- fruit juices such as apple & tomato
- cranberry sauce
- Hamburger Helper
- baby food
- cereal-especially Rice Krispies and Corn Flakes
- shampoo, hand soap & toothpaste.
If you are able to assist in this worthy cause, please send your item(s) to school with your child by Monday, October 1st, 2018.
The Student Leadership Team