The grade 7 trip to Shade’s Mills for Tuesday February 26th has been cancelled.

Unfortunately, this storm’s impact will extend beyond today.  With the high winds, there is a greater risk of tree hazards occurring.  For that reason, the Park Superintendent has closed the park to public access.  The difficulty is that we will not be able to assess trails and study areas for hazards (fallen trees, branches and “hang-ups”) until the winds subside to a safe level.  This is forecasted to happen late this afternoon or early evening.  Conceivably an assessment may not be completed in time for your visit. As a result I will have to reschedule the classes for tomorrow.