We hope and pray that our families are doing well during this time. Just a few reminders for Student Belongings Pick Up that is occurring on Monday, June 22 from 9:00-3:00, Tuesday, June 23 from 9:00-3:00, and Wednesday, June 24 from 9:00-11:00.
Please ensure you have signed up for a time by visiting: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/SVDP@wcdsbca.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/ .
As a reminder, it is essential that we follow the protocols listed below:
WCDSB, Provincial and Local Health Protocols:
- Parents must complete the self-assessment tool prior to arrival: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
- Only ONE parent/guardian and their child(ren) come to the school.
- A limit of seven (7) families are to be on the blacktop at any given time. Please refrain from coming on to the property before your designated time slot and should you see 7 families already in the queue.
- Masks and gloves are recommended if you have access to them. The school will not provide them.
- There will be no outdoor supervision and the playground is closed.
- Any medication stored in the main office will also be available for pick-up at the same time.
- Kindly understand this is not the time for prolonged conversations; please pick-up your child’s belongings in a timely fashion.
- Given the limited number of families who can access the blacktop at one time we kindly request you leave the property promptly after receiving your child’s belongings. This helps us to process all families in a timely manner.
- During designated pick-up days, staff may not be available for online learning.
- If there are parents/guardians whose health leaves them vulnerable to COVID-19, arrangements can be made to have a separate pick-up date. Please make arrangements directly with Ms. Lemak and/or Mr. Resendes.
- If there are parents/guardians who are frontline workers and cannot make the pick-up date(s), please contact Mrs. Lemak and/or Mr. Resendes directly to make alternate arrangements.
- Anyone waiting for their designated time slot should be directed to line-up with appropriate physical distancing – spaced 2 metres apart. There will be pylons on the sidewalks.
When You Arrive at Your Scheduled Time:
- You may use the school parking lot on Faial or walk if possible.
- Please come to the gym doors, on the parking lot side.
- There will be tables set up with school staff to assist you.
- All belongings will be in the gym and staff will bring items out to you. There will be no access to the building or classrooms.
- Report Cards will be available for pick up. After picking up your child(ren)’s belongings, please visit the Report Card table.
- There will also be lost and found on the sidewalk. We ask that you follow our safety protocol and do not touch the items unless you are taking them with you.
- Unclaimed items will be donated to charity after the final pick-up day, other than in very unique circumstances.
- Please be prepared for any weather! If it is raining – the gym doors will be propped open at the rear of the school where families will be invited in one at a time for belongings to be brought to you.
- All school property must be returned on your scheduled visit including library books, text books or any other school owned item. Don’t forget a team sports jersey if your child has one at home. You will place these on the table when you are checked in.
- Washrooms are not available to families. There are no exceptions to this so please plan accordingly.
Please note that you ONLY need to return a Chromebook (if you borrowed one from the school) IF you are NOT attending a school within Waterloo Catholic District School Board. If your child is attending Mons. Doyle or another Catholic elementary school within our board in September, you do NOT have to return the Chromebook at this time.
We understand there is a lot to follow, but our priority is your safety and the safety of our staff. We thank you for your support and understanding with this protocol.
Ms. Lemak and Mr. Resendes